Weekly Feature



2014-12-03 / Editorial

Out of the Past

The conventioneers


Photo from the collection of the Tonawanda-Kenmore Historical Society. Photo from the collection of the Tonawanda-Kenmore Historical Society. The men in this circa 1910 photograph remain unidentified, but the building behind them is the Kenmore Convention Hall — also called “the Wigwam” — for its vaguely conical or triangular shape. It stood on Delaware Avenue between Westgate and Wabash Avenues, adjacent to the Kenmore Tavern.

Return to top